“Da Digital Diva” and webbie since 1995
Link with me at http://www.linkedin.com/in/mbartram/
Having run national and international marketing campaigns and built multiple Top 30 e-businesses of up to $500M in sales, Michele Bartram brings an immense amount of ecommerce and integrated, multichannel marketing communications and strategy experience to the industry.
She has worked in both the direct to consumer ecommerce field as well as the Internet services (SaaS) arenas. In various roles as General Manager, Senior Vice President, and Vice President of Ecommerce for top retail and multichannel brands, Bartram has had direct responsibility for developing and delivering a complete eCommerce solution to the marketplace including managing front-end website strategy, ecommerce marketing and public relations, merchandising support, editorial content, photography and design services, web software development and information architecture, ecommerce production, fulfillment and customer service operations.
PRIVATE SECTOR (Retail, Etail, and Catalog)
- Web Practices Consulting: President/ owner of this multichannel marketing communications and strategy firm with prestigious ecommerce and online marketing clients, such as Pets United (Dog.com, Horse.com, Garden.com), CENTURY 21 Action, Cordsel Technologies, and Kadro Solutions.
- Redcats USA www.RedcatsUSA.com: For this a $1.5B specialty cataloger that is part of the Paris-based multinational catalog and retail powerhouse, PPR Group, Bartram started their ecommerce division, eventually growing to 14 high-volume consumer retail websites including www.Chadwicks.com, LernerCatalog.com (now www.MetroStyle.com), LaneBryantCatalog (now www.WomanWithin.com), www.Roamans.com, www.JessicaLondon.com, www.BrylaneHome.com, and 3 licensed sites for Sears & Roebuck. During her tenure at Redcats USA, Bartram successfully grew eCommerce business to $500 million in sales in just three years and the #19 Internet Retailer.
- iVillage www.iVillage.com: Headed corporate eCommerce strategy for retail advertising partners and five eCommerce businesses including iBaby.com, iMaternity.com, PlusBoutique.com, Astrology.com, and the shopping portal, shop.iVillage.com, overseeing the top two traffic drivers for this Top 25 Internet property.
- Rand McNally www.RandMcNally.com: Ran ecommerce and online marketing communications and re-branding strategy for this prestigious travel brand.
- Reeds Jewelers www.Reeds.com: Built and ran ecommerce including fulfillment and customer care, oversaw company re-branding, and launched consumer catalog for retail luxury jewelry chain.
- Collections Etc. www.CollectionsEtc.com: Re-built ecommerce division and online marketing, video, and social media.
- Accretive Commerce (now part of GSI Commerce): Built outsourced ecommerce services from site to marketing, merchandising and photography studio for leading retail or catalog-only brands including www.KennethCole.com and www.CalvinKleinUnderwear.com.
- IBM National Federal Marketing division was where Bartram started her career as a technical marketing consultant for federal government clients in Washington, DC. Later she went on to roles in federal government, including with:
- United States Mint www.USMint.gov: Oversaw reengineering of their entire consumer products and sales division, launched new catalog and jewelry line as well as database marketing, and started ecommerce, including establishing initial government ecommerce standards and launching first government ecommerce site, reaching $300Million in online sales in 2 years, and attaining Top 30 Internet retailer status.
- US Government Printing Office http://bookstore.gpo.gov/ Ran integrated marketing for “America’s Bookstore” which sells official publications- both print and eBooks- produced by federal agencies.
Bartram spent a number of years in Spain as a technology and consumer products international brand marketing consultant for European and multinational CPG brands such as:
- Baskin Robbins International
- TNT Leisure special events and entertainment merchandising
- MERLIMSA cleaning products
- DEINSA and Larson-Davis environmental monitoring products
- House of Sandeman
- El Corte Inglés Department Stores.